Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Scioto 10K...or not

Before we even moved to Columbus, we signed up for the Scioto 10K in late September. Chris and I were so excited about jumping right into this run. After a less than stellar finale in New York with the Harlem 5K, I was certainly looking for some redemption.


It's an understatement to say we were shocked when we received emails the week of the race that it had been cancelled due to the town not approving the road closures. We were so bummed, but they still provided us with the race shirts and medals along with an invitation to the post-race breakfast so we decided to earn those goodies.


We completed our own 10K on the Olentangy Trail. It was pleasant and mostly shady. I didn't particularly keep tabs on my time, but I am proud that we got out there and ran the miles.

Have you ever had a race cancel on you?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment