Saturday, November 17, 2012

Liebster Award

What kind of news is good news at 7:30am on a Saturday morning?  

The news to let you know that your blog has been nominated for an award!!  

I was beyond thrilled when Jenni from A Dash of Sunshine left me a comment that she was nominating me for the Liebster Award!  The award is passed around by bloggers with less than 200 followers.  It is given to recognize and support smaller blogs as a way to help to them get their name out there.  Liebster is a German word meaning beloved.

If you receive this award, there are a few rules. 
-Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
-You must answer the 11 questions that the tagger has asked.
-The blogger must create 11 questions for the bloggers they are nominating.
-You must tag 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for this award.
-Tell the bloggers you are nominating them.
-Link back to the nominator when you post about being nominated.
-No tag backs!

Here are the 11 things about me:

1.  I have been to all 50 of the United States with my family - mom, dad, and two brothers.  It was always an adventure with lots and lots of good memories...and a handful of not so great ones, too.
2. My dad and I have the same middle name - Lynn.
3. I am the biggest Denzel Washington fan ever.  I can't wait to share with you about the time that I met him.  Seriously, I almost died.  And I've meet some pretty famous people (mostly athletes) in my day.  Stay tuned for an upcoming post on how I marked that item off my bucket list!
4. I am qualified for the 2013 NYC Marathon....and I couldn't be more nervous even though it is still roughly a year away!
5. I can't eat lettuce.  Tried lots of times, but just can't make it happen.  Sort of frustrating because salads are such an easy lunch option.
6. I walk to work everyday.   Takes about 18 minutes door-to-door.  The hot, hot days and the cold, cold days are not my friend.  And let's not even talk about the rainy ones :(
7.  My two brothers are also very close friends of mine.  I am so fortunate to have them in my life.
8.  I am NOT a morning person.  Sleep is a very good friend of mine :)
9. I function best when things are organized.
10.  I have worked Super Bowl XLIV, XLV, and XLVI.  I'm looking forward to SB XLVII in New Orleans this February.
11.  I have been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years.  We are working on getting in the same city, but until then we are making the best of our situation.  He is a wonderful man.  I blog about our adventures together often.  I can't wait until we are able to be together more than just on weekends!

Here are the answers to Jenni's questions:

1. If you could live off of one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Apples.  I just love them.  A little odd, but very true!
2. What is your dream car?
This one is tough.  Currently, I live in NYC and don't own a vehicle so it isn't often that I think about this topic.  At this point in my life, I'd say safety features and good gas mileage would be on the top of the list though.
3. What is your favorite holiday tradition? 
I really love the family time.  We always have a big meal and then play games or cards long into the night.  Being miles and miles away from my family sometimes makes the holidays bittersweet for me.  I try to make my own fun here, but usually at some point I end up being pretty sad that I'm here and everyone else is together back in Kentucky.
4. What is your favorite candy bar?
Kit-Kat.  I used to get one if I made all A's when our report cards were given out.  Definitely a motivator :) 
5. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go and why?
This one is tough!  If you check out my bucket list, you will see all the places I hope to travel someday.  I guess Australia is pretty much at the top of the list though.  My brother and sister-in-law went there last year and had nothing but great things to say about their experience.  I also have a co-worker from there that makes me want to pack my bags and go every time she talks about it.  I just think it is an ideal vacation spot with lots to do!
6. What is your favorite book?
 I really enjoy reading so it is difficult to narrow it down.  So I'll tell you three: 1) The Blind Side by Michael Lewis 2) The Help by Kathryn Stockett 3) The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge by Tony Dungy (this one is technically a devotional, but it is fantastic!)
7. What does your blog name mean?
Mine isn't too original, but I created the blog as a way to record the adventures that I had already experienced as well as to keep up with all the new adventures to come.  Specifically, I enjoy writing about items I have been able to cross off my bucket list and 30 before 30 list.  I'm sure as my life changes from a party of one to two to three or four, the recording of my adventures will change accordingly.  For now, I enjoy having the blog as a way to keep up with all the excitement of every day life as an almost 30-something in NYC.
8. What is your favorite utensil to use in the kitchen?
I have to go with muffin tins for making cupcakes.  Cupcakes are one of the loves of my life.  Both making/decorating them AND eating them :)
9.  If you could tell your 16 year old self anything, what would it be?
I would tell my 16 year old self to not wish her life away so quickly...to enjoy every second because as crazy, busy, difficult as life seems now, it will only get more crazy, busy, difficult as life goes on.  And I would tell her to not worry so much about basically everything because it will all work out in the end (I think my 29 year old self needs a daily reminder of this one as well!).  And to truly cherish the time with her family because there will come a time when it costs her $500 and half a day to be home with them.  And to listen extra closely to all her Mamaw's stories cause contrary to popular belief, she won't always be around to tell them.
10. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Strawberry.
11. If your life were going to be made into a movie, who would you choose to play you?
Is it possible to get the female version of Matthew Perry?  Cause whoever that is, I want them.  His sarcasm is unbeatable.

Here are the questions for my nominees:

1.  If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you pick? Why?
2. What three things would you never be able to live without?
3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
4. How did your parents choose your name?  Or how did you choose the name(s) of your child(ren)?
5. Why do you blog?
6. What is your favorite quote or Bible verse? 
7.  Do you cheer for any sports teams?  Which ones?
8. If you could take a vacation to any US city/state, which would you choose?  Why?
9. What is your favorite current TV show?
10. Of all your birthdays so far, which has been the best?  What did you do?
11. What is the top item on your Christmas Wish List this year?

And....here are my nominees:
Katie @ You + Me
Megan @ Home with The Uricks
Rachel @ Calton Corner
Sarah @ The Pitts

I am looking forward to hearing the answers from each of you!!

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! For some reason the comment you left me letting me know you nominating me went into my spam box so I just found it!! Thank you so much!! I will be doing the post today :) Following you now! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok - after reading all your answers...
    My middle name is Lynn too!! Good luck at your marathon! How in the world do you get to work at the Super Bowl?? My now husband and I did the long distance things for 6 months. I know what you're going through...althought I can't imagine doing it for 2 years! Good for you guys..if you can make it through that, you can make it through anything! And finally, I'm a LITTLE jealous that you live in NYC :)

    ReplyDelete