Monday, August 28, 2017

Improv at Magnet Theater - Level Three

After Level Two, I was so sad that my NYC improv journey was going to end there. With us moving in mid-August, it simply didn't seem possible for me to manage any additional classes with the Magnet. I really wanted to complete Level Three though so I kept hope alive.


I am SO glad that I managed to find a way to take the Level Three intensive at the end of August because I absolutely loved having Louis Kornfield as an instructor. What a fantastic improviser (and teacher)! It was worth every cent to be in that class.


I had a brand new bunch of folks in this class and thought they were all SO fun. It was another lovely mix - amazing how that always seems to work out. We were living out of an empty apartment on a blow up mattress this final week in NYC, but taking this improv class made it worth it.


We really just played. There were concepts we discussed and object work we focused on, but for the most part we just played. And it was SO fun. I had a couple friends join Chris for my final NYC improv show at the end of this class. I have no doubt they saw my best work. It was an awesome show with a great group of people.


In the end, I would highly recommend Magnet Theater if you are in the NYC area and have interest in improv. If you are interested in improv and have a week of vacation that you want to spend in NYC, I'd also highly recommend the intensives. Super fun weeks full of laughter and memories I'll never forget!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment