Monday, February 18, 2019

Best Picture Nominees - Part 1

I really enjoyed all the Best Picture nominees this year. You really can't go wrong checking out any of them. Maybe its because there were a handful of my favorite genre - memior based films. If you are looking for a good movie, here are my thoughts...


A Star is Born wasn't at the top of my list though it certainly had mega chemistry between the main characters and some breathtaking vocal talent by Lady Gaga. I just thought the story was incredibly predictable. To be honest, the characters weren't all that likable for me either - especially Bradley Cooper's character. The highlight was definitely the undeniable chemisty between Lady Gaga and Cooper - wowza!!


We watched Black Panther for Chris' birthday nearly a year prior to the Oscars. Even though I'm not a big comic book movie fan, I thought this one was interesting. I am a Michael B. Jordan fan so I enjoyed seeing him even if he was the bad guy. It held my interest (mostly) and that is FAR more than I can say for any of the other comic book movies I have attempted to watch.


BlacKkKlansman was one of my favorites. The story was true, but new to me so I was really on the edge of my seat wondering how it would all play out. Such a fascinating story! I was also super excited to see my old NFL Europa buddy (John David Washington) play the lead. Unfortunately, I don't have any photo evidence, but I can definitely say I knew him when...


Chris loves Queen so he was nitpicking the timeline and various scenes throughout Bohemian Rhapsody. I enjoyed it as someone with minimal knowledge of the backstory of Queen and Freddie Mercury. It could have been a little shorter and still driven home the main points of the movie, but it was an interesting look into one of the greatest bands of all-time.

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment