Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Tribute to 4310 Crescent St

While we were excited to move on to our next chapter, it was bittersweet to leave the first place Chris and I called home together. We moved into Apartment 2612 in late August just prior to our October nuptials. We had intended for Chris to just move into my former place on West 46th Street after the wedding and try to find a place together when that lease ended the following Spring. Coming home to an eviction notice (due to the owners selling the building) on August 1st had not factored into our plans.


I was a mess to say the least. I had lived in my midtown Manhattan apartment for nearly six years and though I knew I would eventually be moving, I hadn't intended to do that two months before our wedding - which was to take place back in Kentucky. I was completely overwhelmed with everything that would need to be done and packed. Talk about terrible timing - ugh!


Chris took over the apartment search so I could just focus on sorting out my things and packing up. He wanted to live in Queens. I was more hesitant, but I was convinced after we discovered a great place in Long Island City.


We got a great deal to move into the brand new building and really enjoyed the high rise rooftop experience for our three years at 4310 Crescent Street. We lived among boxes for the first six weeks while we focused on the wedding and all the final preparations for it. That Christmas, Chris' parents gave us a couch and chair that became the centerpieces for the entire place.


We sure managed to fill the place up in a hurry, but it was a manageable space for the two of us (most of the time - ha!). Though we didn't take advantage of them often enough, it was amazing to have a gorgeous rooftop area with a view of Manhattan's East Side and a gym on the ground floor.



Everything you needed was in walking distance. We were close to many great running routes. It was truly the perfect space for us as we began our married life. We have so many wonderful memories of this place we turned into a home together. From fun gathering with friends to hosting out of town company to simply going through the highs and lows of our life together, it was an place we'll never forget. Cheers to all the good times at 4310 Crescent Street!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment