Friday, September 1, 2017

Photo A Day - September


We spent most of September getting acquainted with our new city. We did take a trip to Lexington for some fun with my family and a trip to Albany for a wedding. I also started my new job at the YMCA.


We had some quick fixes in the bedroom and stairwell at our new place. I got started on the Fall Film Challenge, enjoyed the geese on a nice fall day, and interviewed at the YMCA. Our first big event in Lexington was a tour of the Ale 8 Factory - lots of fun!


We caught our niece and nephew's soccer match, played games, and visited Old Kentucky Chocolates before heading back to Columbus. We volunteered at a Pints and Periods event through United Way and then started our trek to Albany. We caught the Canelo-GGG fight with some friends while we were there as well.


When we got back to Columbus, I did a little more organizing, we tried some new restaurants, went apple picking, and ran our first race in the city. Well, sort of. We were supposed to run the Scioto River Run 10k, but they cancelled it the day before due to city zoning issues. We still ran the miles to earn our medals on the Olentangy Trail that morning.


I was in the fall spirit - baking apple pie and getting a mum for our front porch. I celebrated Dad's birthday with a tasty treat, and we gave burger week a shot.

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment