Friday, February 7, 2020

My 2020 Oscar Predictions


I wasn't sure I would be able to see all the Best Picture nominees this year with the shorter window of time, but I managed to finish them all this week. I have listed my predictions in the post, but will follow up with more detail on each of the Best Picture nominees soon. I listed the Best Picture nominees in order of my personal preference below. Additionally, in italics I indicated who I think the Academy will award and placed an asterisk next to who I believe should be awarded.

Best Picture:
Parasite*
Ford v Ferrari
Little Women
Jojo Rabbit
1917
Joker
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Marriage Story
The Irishman

Lead Actor:
Antonio Banderas in Pain and Glory (DID NOT SEE)
Leonardo DiCaprio in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Adam Driver in Marriage Story
Joaquin Phoenix in Joker*
Jonathan Pryce in The Two Popes

Lead Actress:
Cynthia Erivo in Harriet
Scarlett Johansson in Marriage Story
Saoirse Ronan in Little Women
Charlize Theron in Bombshell
Renee Zellweger in Judy*

Supporting Actor:
Tom Hanks in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Anthony Hopkins in The Two Popes
Al Pacino in The Irishman*
Joe Pesci in The Irishman
Brad Pitt in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress:
Kathy Bates in Richard Jewell (DID NOT SEE)
Laura Dern in Marriage Story
Scarlett Johansson in Jojo Rabbit
Florence Pugh in Little Women
Margot Robbie in Bombshell*

Director:
Martin Scorsese for The Irishman
Todd Phillips for Joker
Sam Mendes for 1917
Quentin Tarantino for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Bon Joon Ho for Parasite*

Who are your favorites this year?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment