Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Birthday Fun :)

As I mentioned, I love to celebrate birthdays...especially mine :)  With that being said, the celebrations began exactly one week early this year when I was home in KY for a couple of days between work trips to Indianapolis and Green Bay.  It was a real treat to get to spend some time in the bluegrass and to get to play with little Brinley...she's growing way too fast!!

I started off with a dinner celebration with one of my best friends - Ashley Gail :)  She even brought me a delicious cupcake from Gigi's!  It was so great to be able to catch up in person for a few hours!


Andrea Lynn + Ashley Gail = BFF

The celebrations continued the next day with my family.  I put in a special request for Rolling Pin cake - it is THE best!!  We had a fun night.  It was special to have Brinley around this year.  I just loved getting a card addressed to Aunt Andrea :)  She is the sweetest little girl. 


LOVE this yummy cake :)
So fun having her around :)
Just because she's so cute!!  Love her!!
Sadly, I was off to what turned out to be a very trying trip to Green Bay.  Please don't get me started on connecting flights.  Not my thing.  Anyway, I made it back to NYC just in time for my actual birthday on the 24th.  Christopher came down to the city for the day.  We had a wonderful time.  Here are some of the highlights!

Tapas for lunch at Sangria 46
Carvel...so good on a hot July afternoon :)
We took a peddle cart ride through Central Park - so fun!!
Dinner at my favorite Italian spot in Hell's Kitchen - 44 SW
it wouldn't be a birthday with out cake, right? :)
That weekend, I hosted a game night to celebrate with friends.  Also, to celebrate having my own place...at least for the time being :)

Yummy strawberry cupcakes :)
Finally getting a chance to blow out some candles :)


That has to be it, right?  Nope.  There's more!!  I told you I love celebrating :)  My friend, Mary, and I had a tradition of seeing a show for our birthdays (they both fall in July!) for a few years prior to her being away in Paris last year so we picked that back up by going to see War Horse this year.  We even scored $30 tickets through the LincTix program.  The show was excellent.  We all really enjoyed it.  The horse puppets were absolutely incredible!!  Such skillful and talented individuals!  Definitely a worthwhile show to see!


yummy gelato snack after the show :)

Finally, I rounded out the birthday celebrations with my friend, Reba, one week after the day itself with more yummy cupcakes from Molly's and some Olympics watching.  Fun, fun :)


Thanks to everyone who made my 29th birthday such an exciting adventure :)  Looking forward to all this year has to bring!  Also, please note the new 30 before 30 page that I added to the blog.  I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress with all of those items throughout the year!


Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment