Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Birthday Escape

I had one of my best birthdays to date this year.


By the time the 24th actually rolled around I had already celebrated with family and a few friends.  There were lots of yummy cupcakes in Indianapolis and on the beach in Florida so maybe I was just extra prepared to get the birthday fun started.  As I mentioned on Thursday, I began my day with some Baked by Melissa minis courtesy of my co-worker and boss.  Those tasty treats totally set the mood for the day.  Especially since I had been in the habit of taking the day off from work for my birthday the past few years.


Later that day, I received two special deliveries!  My parents sent me a box of random goodies :)


And Christopher sent me some awesome birthday flowers. They were very pretty!  I loved the cute vase - how clever!



The birthday fun kicked into high gear as I met up with some friends to Escape the Room!  We were set to play a six person game - The Home. 


This was SOOOOO much fun!  Essentially, we were given brief instruction before being locked into a room full of clues.  We had one hour to escape.  It was certainly challenging and the time ticked away super fast, but we managed to escape with less than two minutes left on the clock!!


They informed us after we escaped that only 20% of players are able to make it out in the allotted time frame.  They also said that most people escape with less than 5 minutes left on the clock.  We were SO happy we made it out!!  Definitely going to be playing more of their games soon!!


We made a quick stop at Pinkberry before heading home to call it a night!


After all, I needed to get my rest for the birthday fun to come on the following night.  Check back to hear all about my Ninja filled birthday dinner with Christopher on Friday...

Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. What a creative way to celebrate your birthday! :) And I love that your parents sent you a goodies pkg, how sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete