Thursday, March 2, 2017

Weekend Getaway in New Hope, PA

After spending roughly six weeks apart while I was in Kentucky helping my parents as my dad recovered and began rehab, Chris and I were due for a fun weekend away. He did all the planning and surprised me with a bed and breakfast getaway in New Hope, Pennsylvania.


We stayed at the Pineapple Hill Inn and had a full couple of days checking out the area. On our first night, we made a stop at Crooked Eye Brewery for some cider and a flight before dinner at Louie's Old Mill. We enjoyed both places, but certainly felt the small town vibe of the area.

 

The next day, we tracked down a cupcake shop and eventually made our way to the highlight of the trip - a Girl Scout cookie wine pairing at Sand Castle Winery. It was so fun...and we each got to take home a box of cookies. I picked Samoas and Chris went with Thin Mints.


We ventured out into nature for a walk and some fresh air before dinner. We tried Bowman's this time and enjoyed it as well. However, my favorite dish came at breakfast the next morning. The blueberry crumble was SO good. I will definitely try to replicate it soon.


Our final adventure was a ride on the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad. It was a bit windy for an open air train ride, but we had fun learning more about the area and its history. We walked around the town checking out the shops and stretching out our legs before the car ride back to LIC.


Have you ever visited a bed and breakfast? Would you return?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment