Saturday, March 31, 2018

Book Reviews: Read the Rainbow (Yellow)

This year, I decided to link up with Mia to Read the Rainbow. I managed to fit in a couple of yellow books this month. I am working to finish up another reading challenge as well and that took up a bit of my time this month.


I really enjoyed reading these stories. Many of them highlight a feeling that I can't really imagine. It was great to read the perspective of the various individuals that contributed. From an Indian girl experiencing puppy love before her parents arrange a marriage for her to the opposite of your stereotypical Asian boy pretending to be all the stereotypes to garner favor with the white kids at his school, I found each story to be insightful. These are the types of stories I wish more people would read so that we could begin to fix so much of the racist behavior that occurs in our schools and communities daily. I truly believe that exposure to those that aren't in our own race group is one of the keys to real change. I would definitely recommend this quick read to everyone.


This book has been on my to-read list for quite some time. I am glad that I finally had a chance to start it. The story follows the family line of two sisters that haven't ever met. They live completely different lives as they were born in completely different circumstances. The family lines are quite interesting to follow (even if it was a little tricky to get all the names sorted out at the beginning). I thought it was interesting to learn how each generation impacted the next. Definitely an intriguing story.

Have you read any good books this month?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment