Saturday, February 23, 2019

My 2019 Oscar Predictions

I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to see almost all of the movies nominated in the Best Picture and Actor/Actress categories. There was one exception due to this horrible winter weather...and it was one of the ones I was looking most forward to watching, too. No worries though - I'll be sure to see it in the next couple weeks when it's out on Redbox. Unfortunately, I also ran out of time to see the shorts this year as well. Chris has assured me those show up as an on demand feature in the next few weeks so I am looking forward to catching them that way this year.


Nevertheless, here are my favorites in each category. My vote for winner is in italics. I have also put the best picture nominees in order of how well I liked them. However, please note that I enjoyed all the nominees this year and would recommend all of them!

Best Picture

Green Book
BlackkKlansman
Vice
Black Panther
Roma
The Favourite
A Star is Born
Bohemian Rhapsody

Best Actor

Christian Bale, Vice
Bradley Cooper, A Star is Born
Willem Dafoe, Eternity's Gate
Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
Viggo Mortenson, Green Book

Best Actress

Yalitza Aparicio, Roma
Glenn Close, The Wife
Olivia Coleman, The Favourite
Lady Gaga, A Star is Born
Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Best Supporting Actor

Maharshala Ali, Green Book
Adam Driver, BlackkKlansman
Sam Elliott, A Star is Born
Richard E. Grant, Can You Ever Forgive Me?
Sam Rockwell, Vice

Best Supporting Actress

Amy Adams, Vice
Marina de Tavira, Roma
Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk (Did Not See)
Emma Stone, The Favourite
Rachel Weisz, The Favourite

What are your favorites this year?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment