Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Best Picture Nominees - Part 2

If you missed Part 1, please find it here.


Surprisingly, I enjoyed The Favourite. It was the one movie I wasn't really looking forward to watching, but I am glad I made time for it. What a dreadful, terrible Queen! What fantastic acting from Olivia Coleman! She was wonderful. The movie follows her relationship with two different ladies in her court. Lots of twists and turns and a multitude of deception.


Green Book was my favorite of all the movies this year. Mahershala Ali was amazing! He and Viggo had great chemistry. So much talent. Despite the reason for the story (segregation), it was exciting to watch. It kept me wondering what would happen next. Of course, it was heart warming to watch the characters grow and develop throughout the movie as well. I loved the story that much more knowing that it was based on truth. It is a great story of the power of friendship.


Roma was tough for me to watch. There were SO many struggles to overcome for nearly all of the characters! It also seemed a bit long to me. I felt such sadness for the lead character. She had so many highs and lows. It was really just hard to watch, particularly so close to the birth of my daughter.


Vice was an unexpected joy. I didn't anticipate liking this political story as much as I did. It was told in a manner that really appealed to me. Christian Bale blew me away. Totally blew me away. What a fantastic actor! Sam Rockwell was SO good as George W. Bush, too. The story follows Dick Chaney's VP experience. It was extremely well told. Definitely recommend seeing this one!

Did you have any Oscar favorites this year?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment