Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

If you didn't know it by now, you will soon realize, I really get into celebrating holidays.  I am especially fond of this one because I have Irish roots and you gotta love being Irish on this day :)  To celebrate, I decided to host a little cookie making party with a few girl friends. SO FUN!!

We started the afternoon with my version of a homemade pizza.  I should have taken some pictures of that because I realized a couple of my friends were interested in how I made it.  It was SUPER easy.  I bought the crust in the cookie dough/biscuit section of the grocery and just rolled it out on a pan.  That's usually the most difficult part.  After that, I just put a little sauce, some cheese, and pepperoni on it.  Takes about 15 minutes to cook and it's sooooooo good!!  I also had some veggies and ranch and grapes with my own little concocted sweet dip.

Anyway, on to the more fun part of the afternoon - the cookie making and decorating!!!  We had such a fun time.  We all took turns cutting cookies and decorating them.  Everyone had such fun ideas.  We colored some icing green and then used ziplock baggies for the piping.  Take a look at some of the fun we had this afternoon....

first time using these cookie cutters...worked out nicely :)
Jessi is a decorating master!!
yay for fun friends and yummy cookies!!!
the finished product!
Hope you had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!  Based on the noise I hear outside now and craziness I saw on my morning run, I was much happier to be inside making cookies than out on the streets of New York today!!


Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment