Saturday, March 31, 2012

Random Thoughts

I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks.  Don't worry though.  That will be changing as I have a very active few weeks coming my way.  In the meantime, I thought I would put together a post of some random thoughts.

1)  I was sad to see Tebow leave Denver (remember my high hopes for marking Denver off my list of stadiums?), but it was good to discover he'd be so close when he signed with the Jets.  Still not sure if Chris is totally on board with the whole thing.  Nevertheless, I am excited!!  And I hope I can figure out a way to get involved with some of his philanthropic efforts.

2) I have been keeping up with a little baby - Jordan Grace - from the community where I was raised.  I went to school with both her parents and have been so moved by the blog they started to chronicle the progress of their newborn as she is working to overcome the struggles of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.  Check it out here. Please keep this little girl and her family in your prayers!

3) Speaking of baby girls, I had to miss the baby shower for my soon to be born niece this past weekend.  It was a total bummer to miss it, but when flights home cost close to $500 you have to carefully consider when the trip will be most worthwhile.  I decided to wait until she is born. I couldn't be more excited to meet her when that day comes though :)

4) I was glad to see the Commissioner come down hard on the Saints and Co. in Bountygate.  Let's be honest, there really isn't any place for bounties in football.  Ever.  Although, in my opinion, the most despicable part was the lying and covering up that occurred.  That's a shame.  Didn't seem like they thought anything was wrong with what they were doing before they got really, really caught.  Perspective should have been everything, but I guess it's hard to think you'll ever fall when you've convinced yourself you are untouchable.  Not cool.

5) I took an Intro to Improv class last weekend at Chicago City Limits.  It was a great experience.  I totally loved it.  I am definitely going to sign up for a class, but it might get put off until the fall due to my insane summer schedule with work.  I am VERY much looking forward to officially signing up though!!

6) If I could instantly transport to anywhere this weekend, it would be the easiest choices I ever made - New Orleans.  Now, I'm not really a fan of either KY basketball team, but I know Kentuckians so I know it will be intense and a lot of fun :)  Ultimately, I'll be cheering for the Cats because my little brother goes to college there, but let it be clear I am a Georgetown Tiger through and through!!

7) Pandora has taken over my life.  I listen to it on the Kindle Fire.  I listen to it on my phone while I run.  I dream I'm listening to it.  Ok, maybe not that last one, but still...how did I not realize the amazing wonder of Pandora before now??  A true mystery.

8) I am excited about my busy upcoming couple of weeks.  It will all kick off with Race #2 on Sunday, then a long overdue date night with Christopher and my parents visiting the Big Apple just in time for the Easter Bunny to arrive.  Stay tuned.

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment