Monday, September 16, 2013

16 Miles + The Butler

This weekend, I got back on track with my marathon training schedule and relaxed with Christopher.

On Friday, I just relaxed. It was much needed after all of my recent traveling.

On Saturday, I set out to run 16 miles as a part of my training for the fast approaching NYC Marathon. I started out by heading to Central Park and running the big loop there. Next, I headed over to the east side and ran the Queensboro Bridge. This bridge will pop up at mile 17 during the actual marathon so it was nice to get some practice running it. It's a beast though! I finished up the 16 miles by heading back over to the West side with a small detour in the park along the way.


After the run, I headed over to the grocery to stock up on food since I had pretty much depleted my fridge before all my recent travels. By the time I got back to my apartment, I was exhausted. I showered and rested for a couple hours before Chris arrived. We had a calm and low key night with homemade dinner and Netflix watching!

On Sunday, I was up early to complete my short run before we headed to church. After church, we had a Groupon date! We headed down to the East Village to S'Mac - YUM!!


It was delicious! I had the All-American which was a perfect blend of American and Cheddar cheeses! Totally hit the carb-loading spot :) Chris had the Napoletana - like pizza with Mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, and fresh basil.


After lunch, we ran a few quick errands and then headed over to see The Butler in Union Square. It was a very good movie. Definitely some tough parts to watch, but well made and had just the right amount of humor throughout.


The only bummer was that after we got home and googled the film, we learned that it was only loosely based on the actual story. Many of the more touching and moving aspects of the film weren't a part of the actual butler's real life. That was pretty disappointing, but I understand why the filmmaker was interested in presenting the story in the manner it was shown. I would definitely recommend watching it!

I capped off the weekend by heading into work to monitor the Sunday night game. As my luck would have it there was an hour rain delay just before the second quarter began. Ugh! Definitely made for a long game.

Can't believe it's already Monday! How was your weekend?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment