Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wedding Fun + One Windy Run

Like many weekends over the past three years, I made my way to Albany via Greyhound last Friday evening.  Chris met me at the bus station and we decided to grab dinner at Red Lobster since I had a gift card that we've been meaning to use for ages now.  Dinner was good, but didn't even come close to comparing to the yummy cheddar biscuits or the pineapple upside down cake I had for dessert!  SOOO good!


On Saturday, we were up early to run some errands before we headed to Oswego for Shannon and Mark's wedding.  We arrived just in time to change and catch the shuttle over to the venue. 


Shannon looked fabulous in her dress, and both Mark and Shannon were SO happy.  It was a lot of fun to be there for the big day!  Chris and I had a great time dancing at the reception, too!

 

Chris and I have attended numerous wedding over the past 3+ years, but none have been quite like this one. This is the first wedding we have attended where we were both friends with the bride and groom.  It made the wedding THAT much more fun!  Mark and Chris worked together for a number of years along with the other two fellas in the photo below.  They also watch a LOT of soccer together.  As a result, over the past couple of years, Shannon and I have become friends.  One of our favorite things to do together is find ways to occupy ourselves while the guys watch soccer!  We've gotten pedicures, shopped at Target, and most recently even went looking at engagement rings for me!  We always have a fun time together!


All the fabulous ladies from Shannon's bachelorette party at the wedding!

The next morning, Chris dropped me off at the park to run a few miles.  I anticipated running 10 miles, but as soon as I stepped out of the car I wasn't so sure I'd get that far.  The wind was unbelieveable especially right on the water.  The first couple of miles were almost unbearable.  I thought about just calling Chris to come get me then, but I toughed it out.  I started to warm up a little bit after the next couple miles and managed to churn out seven before it was time to head back to the hotel so we could make our way down to Albany.



On the way back to Albany, we listened to the Bengals game which was equal parts fun and annoying depending on the quarter.  Luckily, I fell asleep for most of the second and third quarters when they were playing so terribly.  We made it back to Albany just in time for me to see the last few minutes of their awesome win!  Then we watched the very poorly played Jets-Bills game before I boarded the bus for New York City.  What a weekend!!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment