Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I'm a Survivor....Fan!!

I've seen every single episode of Survivor...ever.  Yes, for 32 seasons (roughly the past 16 years of my life), I've been watching.  And that is true fandom because there was no DVR for this gal back in the early 2000's. I suppose it is officially my favorite show.  Or at least the one I've watched the longest!


I thoroughly enjoy the psychological aspects behind the motto of Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.  It is fun to get to know the different personalities and methodologies for the players each season.  And occasionally revisit old friends when former players are brought back for special reunion seasons.  It might be a hard sell for a newcomer with the abundance of reality TV available these days, but I'll always have a soft spot for Jeff Probst and Survivor!


Tonight, four finalists will face off for the title of Sole Survivor: Kaoh Rong.  The cast of 18 players were dropped off in Cambodia and divided into three tribes - Brains, Brawn, and Beauty - at the beginning of their 39 day journey to win the prize.  The four that remain are Cydney (original Brawn tribe), Aubry (original Brain tribe), Michele (original Beauty tribe), and Tai (original Beauty tribe).  Each of them have certainly held their own and made bold moves throughout the season.  Cydney turned on her original core alliance at just the right time and Tai did the same to that same alliance group a few episode later.  Michele has stayed strong bouncing around without any true protection for quite some time now...and won a critical immunity challenge a few weeks ago.  Aubry, some might argue has been a strategic mastermind and is a clear winner, but I think she has some stiff competition...particularly since she has been in the majority alliance throughout rather than having to fight from the bottom to survive.


However, it is tough to flat out predict a winner at this point because the finale will have two more eliminations before the final two individuals face the jury to make their case for being named winner.  My gut tells me that it will be two women in the final.  Tai has played quite an interesting game making him an ideal candidate to sit with one at the final vote, but I just think the ladies will find a way to dominate the end game.  As I mentioned, I would be fine with any of the remaining players winning as they have all played remarkably different, but uniquely equal games in my opinion.  If I had to pick one person to win, I think I would select Michele.  She was in some real tough spots and managed her way out of them while remaining extremely likeable (despite speaking truthfully in difficult situations).  She always seemed at ease when working angles and likely doesn't have many enemies on the jury.  I think Cydney or Aubry wouldn't be afraid to take her because they both seem to believe they are much more worthy of winning.  Needless to say, I'm excited to see how it all shakes out tonight!

Do you watch any reality competition shows?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment