Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Favorites

It's Friday!!! YAY!!!  I am always ready for the weekend.  Who doesn't love more time for all their favorites, right?  Today, I wanted to take a few minutes to share with you some of my favorite things.

-ONE-


We stumbled upon W. Kamau Bell's United Shades of America a couple weeks ago...and have been really intrigued by this series.  Kamau is a black comedian that has volunteered to put himself in some uncomfortable situations to bring insight into a wide range of cultural and political issues.  So far, we've seen him interact with the KKK, spend some time with prisoners and the police, and expand our understanding of the immigrant population.  You can find episodes on CNN.  It is some of the most interesting TV we've watched in some time.

-TWO-

I'm back on the scrapbook train!  I took a big break from Michael's after our wedding, but I was in there recently and the scrapbook bug has bitten me again.  I have A LOT of catching up to do so this is great news!  Looking forward to gearing up those creative juices again...
 
-THREE-


Chris and I are planning to run the NYRR Queens 10k next month so we have been getting in a few training runs.  I had a great time being a race supporter for Chris a few weeks ago.  He ran a 4-miler in Central Park.  I was able to catch him near the beginning on that rainy morning.  And, of course, I was there just before the finish cheering him on to completion!  He did an awesome job.  I am so proud of him!

-FOUR-

I recently reacquainted myself with the vast land of podcasts.  Maybe it has something to do with getting back to running.  Maybe.  Anyway, I just finished Serial - Season Two.  Definitely recommend it for a closer look at the mess we call our military.  I found many parts of it to be completely fascinating.  Journalist Sarah Koenig and her team takes a deep dive into the case of American soldier Bowe Bergdahl who willingly left his post in Afghanistan during the summer of 2009 and was subsequently captured and held in captivity by the Taliban for nearly five years. Certainly worth a listen!
 
-FIVE-


Theater - my true NYC love!  The Tony nominations were released a couple weeks ago so we have been planning and plotting when to see which shows.  Fortunately, we snagged tickets to Hamilton and checked it off our list in early January.  I'm fully expecting a sweep there...and rightfully so!  We have several plays on our to-see list though - The Father, Blackbird, and The Humans.  Definitely excited to see as many as we can before Tony night!!!

What are you loving these days?

Andrea :)

3 comments:

  1. Excited for your race!! You've got me itching to be able to get out and run again haha :) Never thought I'd say that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serial is one of my favorite things ever. I am about halfway thru the 2nd season, which captured my attention so much.

    Hamilton is coming down to Charlotte next year and I am so ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know some more of the podcasts you enjoy. Also I'm not a huge CNN fan but I do want to check out that show.

    ReplyDelete