Tuesday, July 12, 2016

It's (Birthday) Showtime!!

Years ago, my lovely friend (Mary) and I decided it would be fun to celebrate our July birthdays by attending a Broadway show.  We started the tradition with Disney themed shows - Lion King and The Little Mermaid.  And a couple years ago, we found our way back to Disney with Aladdin.  While we keep our fingers crossed awaiting the return of Beauty and the Beast to the Great White Way, we decided upon She Loves Me.

 

When we bought the tickets, I knew we'd be in for a real treat because our show was set to be the final performance! Neither of us had ever experienced closing night. What fun! There was certainly much more applause and cheering throughout the performance than normal.  It was a great experience, especially for such a fun and whimsical show.  We loved the show from beginning to end - so many intriguing characters and fantastic voices!  Several familiar faces and lots of great lessons. Truly a wonderful birthday show selection!


Do you have any birthday traditions?

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I don't have a birthday tradition like this, but now I want one. I love it!

    ReplyDelete