Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I love San Antonio

Could there be a more relaxing place for work meetings in early January?  I can't think of many!  San Antonio is fabulous and so laid back!  I love it!  I had a chance to go for a morning run down on the riverwalk a couple of days. The weather was great, and it was a perfect way to get oriented to the area.



It amazed me how deserted the riverwalk was in the morning...especially compared to how very lively it was in the evenings. Nice for a run though. And it's a good thing I got in a couple of runs because the food was AMAZING!!  I have a sweet tooth so I had to try the Blue Bell ice cream my first night there.  I saved the Bananas Foster for the last night.  Both were amazing!


Yummy Chicken and Pineapple Tacos with Mexican Rice


Of course, it wouldn't be a trip to San Antonio without "Remembering the Alamo".  I had a chance to stop by in the evening as well as during the day since our hotel was roughly three blocks away.



Live Oak Tree and Wishing Well
I did mention I was in San Antonio for work meetings, right?  From this post so far, it might be hard to tell :)  We brought in all of our Regional Directors from across the country for two full days of meetings.  I think the meetings were productive as we had several new initiatives to discuss as well as some new procedures for the HSPD program in general.  It's always good to spend time visiting and learning from these individuals.  We have quite an array of folks working with us - former players, current top high school coaches, and even a couple of lovely ladies :)

We stayed at the Hilton Palacio del Rio.  They were in the process of doing some construction on their lobby and lower floors, but besides that small inconvenience it was an absolutely wonderful place to stay.  It was located right on the riverwalk.  Its three restaurants sat right on the river making it very easy to take in lots of the sights and sounds of the nightlife in the evenings.  Take a look...

Our hotel and The Friendship Torch
Just outside the back of the hotel
Gorgeous view from my hotel room balcony
Can't say that I really have any complaints about this lovely city.  It was a great little getaway even though work was the predominant focus.  I had been before with my family a long time ago.  We all enjoyed it then as well, but I'd never had the chance to go back until now.  I hope I don't wait as long to return this time!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment