Friday, August 8, 2014

Race Recap: Celebrate Israel 4M


The race (much like my upcoming one this weekend) came on the heels of an extremely busy few weeks.  I hadn't been running much at all and wasn't too sure what to expect when I lined up in the corrals that early June morning.  I had just fairly successfully completed the 4-week Fit Challenge though. And the weather was just right.

Having that bit of background, you will be as shocked as I was to hear that this run was one of my best ever.  I think it was a mixture of the core training from the challenge and the fresh legs that helped me to hit a time that made me super proud!  I ran 11:37 per mile for a total time of 46:26.  My best ever time for a 4 miler was 11:35 per mile and that was with two of my friends pushing me the whole race.  Needless to say, I was SO proud of my efforts.  And to top it all off, I didn't feel exhausted at the end of the race like I so often do.  I really showed me the power of cross-training and core training. 


What is your favorite way to cross train during running season?

Andrea :)

1 comment: