Friday, May 25, 2012

Meeting Brinley

Meeting Brinley turned out to be more of an adventure that I anticipated.  On Wednesday night, the day before my flight, I packed up my things for the trip more quickly than I may have ever packed for a trip in my life. I was very excited to finally be going back to KY to meet my niece!!  Thursday morning and afternoon seems to drag on and on while I was at work.  Our office is closed on both Friday and Monday for the holiday weekend so for months now I had my trip to KY booked to meet the newest member of our family.  As the months, then weeks, then days passed by, I couldn't get them to go by quickly enough.  Jordan and Jen were great about sending updates, pictures, and videos, but there's nothing like being the only one that hadn't been able to hold that sweet little bundle of joy yet.  I was beyond ready by late Thursday afternoon when I left work.  I rushed home to grab my bags and then trek down to Penn Station for the short LIRR ride to JFK airport. Now, I knew the airport would be busy since it was the holiday weekend, but I never could have imagine the craziness that would ensue from roughly 5:30pm until I finally arrived in Cincinnati just shy of midnight.  Not only did I have to wait 20 (make that 21...thanks, Delta!) long days to see my beautiful, precious, little niece, but then after I rushed to get to the airport I was forced to wait in the security line for nearly an hour before boarding the flight which was roughly an hour late.  After a short run through the torrential downpour with no jacket and no umbrella (hey, it is supposed to be in the 90s in KY all weekend, why would I bother packing either of those two items), I finally boarded the plane only to sit and wait and wait and wait and wait...for a little over 3 hours.  This was torture.  Pure torture.  But eventually, just after 10pm, we took off for Cincinnati.  We landed just before midnight and I can't say I was looking forward to that hour plus car ride back to Lexington, but fortunately, Jordan and Jen had a little surprise for me at the airport - Brinley made the trip...and she even brought her aunt some cupcakes, too :)
My airport pick up sign - Brinley made the drawing on the bottom
My first picture of my niece...sleeping in the car!

Needless to say, all the crazy travel mess was TOTALLY worth it.  The minute I laid eyes on her my heart was so full of joy and happiness.  She is the cutest thing.  I couldn't believe that she was so little.  I just love her to pieces!!
My first time holding Brinley Kate around 2am this morning!!
Once we got home, I was able to hold her for a little while before Jen fed her and I gave her a little gift.  I gave her a little elephant outfit and princess shoes along with an elephant shaped sandwich cutter.  She probably won't be using that for awhile, but I couldn't resist.  After Jordan helped her open the gift, we took a couple of pictures of her in the bag....too cute!
Looking sleepy....
Reading her card...she is clearly uninterested...haha!
Looking a little scared, but still SO cute :)
I can't wait to spend the rest of the long weekend with her...and the rest of my family and Chris!! Contrary to popular belief, they all do still exist.  Well, at least when Brinley's sleeping...haha :)

Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment