Friday, June 30, 2017

Date Nights - June

Chris and I found a good mix of new entertainment and old favorite restaurants this month. It was fun to try something new, but also have something reliable to depend on.

Chris found an independent comedy show that was quite a trip. It was a little more exotic than we anticipated, but we definitely had some solid laughs. Not sure if we were laughing with them or at them, but we laughed. We ate dinner at one of our Hell's Kitchen favorites, Bangkok House. I love their pineapple chicken fried rice - so good!


I was super excited for us to go see The End of Longing - written by and starring Matthew Perry. If you haven't read my post about the time I met Chandler (aka Matthew Perry), check it out here. It was certainly a night to remember! I wasn't quite as extreme this time, but I did let him know that I love his work. There was a talk back after the show so we enjoyed hearing more about how and why he wrote this show. Honestly, his answers and demeanor were exactly like what you see from Chandler on Friends reruns. It was awesome. Of course, I waited (in the rain) to meet him and get my playbill signed. He was friendly enough, but kind of just kept it moving. Definitely not Tom Hanks or Bryan Cranston level, but I was happy to meet him in a more traditional manner. Pommes Frites was simply the exclamation point on an already fantastic night. You can't really go wrong with fries by the cone full!


Do you have any go to restaurants for date night?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment