Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Stadium Review - Patriots

New England Patriots 

Name of Stadium: Gilette Stadium 
Capacity: 68,756
Game Attended: AFC Championship in January 2012 versus the Baltimore Ravens 
Worked a game at this stadium? Yes.

Empty stadium during pre-game sound checks

I'll start by saying that of all the stadiums I have attended, this is by far the most difficult in terms of arrival/departure.  Fortunately when I attended for the football game we had to arrive SUPER early and I missed out on that part of the in/out torture.  I went to a soccer game at this stadium with Chris and some friends awhile back and we literally spent more time trying to get in and out than we did at the actual game.  Getting out of there after the football game was a complete disaster as well. 

Otherwise, the stadium is pretty good.  I didn't get a feel for what it was like to be a real spectator here because I was working, but the suites and press box were very nice!  My one complaint was that it was very difficult to get from the suite level to the field level as you can read about here.  However, the stadium is right in the middle of a mall with several restaurants so that could be a plus for some couples.   

Taking a break from work to snap a quick picture...packed house now!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment