Monday, October 15, 2012

Jazz + Pumpkin Picking


This Weekend, I had an amazing time with Christopher!! 

On Friday night, we watched the US barely win a world cup qualifier before heading to Cafe Capriccio for some lovely jazz music and yummy food.

Asparagus and Artichoke Ravioli
Jazz by Jd3 - excellent group!!
On Saturday, we picked a pumpkin from a nearby patch (which we later carved, but I'll save that for a separate post!).  Then, we headed to Vermont for some delicious hot apple cider and cider donuts before we hunted down a couple of covered bridges.
There were slim pickings, but we finally found a good one :)
This picture totally captures our lovely day in Vermont!
The Chiselville Bridge
The West Arlington Bridge
On Sunday, we had a busy day!  We went to church with friends at Loudonville Community Church and heard an awesome speaker, Dr. George Verwer.  Seriously, he was fantastic!  After church, we headed out to watch some football.  That turned out much better for Chris, the Jets fan, than it did for me, the sad angry bitter Bengals fan.  To cap off the day we went to see Taken 2.  We both enjoyed it.  Liam Neeson has a very particular set of skills...and he knows how to use them.  Truly a character.


I really couldn't have asked for more exciting and fun fall weekend.  Hope yours was just as great!

Andrea :)

12 comments:

  1. O.M.G. asparagus & artichoke ravioli? Why have I never heard of or thought of this before? My two favorite veggies, that dinner looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like your weekend was AWESOME!!

    i want to see taken 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It was a lot of fun! Taken 2 was great - definitely worth it!

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness that ravioli looks crazy good! And the picture you took in the pumpkin patch looks just like the one I took of my bf in our pumpkin patch! He posed the exact same way! ha. silly boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Too funny! Just saw your pumpkin seed post. I wanted to do that with the seeds from ours, but we didn't have time. Maybe next year!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Taken 2 is highly recommended. Liam Neeson is intense :)

      Delete
  5. I loved Taken 2! I can't wait to see the carved pumpkin, we're planning to go to a pumpkin patch next weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We kept it pretty basic, but we had fun. Keep an eye out for that post next week :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my! That Asparagus and Artichoke Ravioli looks delish! Now I have a craving ;)

    My family was suppose to go to a pumpkin patch last weekend, but we got rained out. We're hoping to get it in this weekend.

    Thanks for finding me on twitter. So happy to return the favor.

    -Reese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ravioli was amazing!! Look forward to seeing pics from your pumpkin patch adventure. I'm sure it is a lot more fun with a little one :)

      Delete