Monday, April 28, 2014

Mini of the Month: April

When life gives you lemons, make cupcakes!  Or maybe not.  But I think that is the approach that Baked by Melissa took this month.


I had high hopes for the April Mini of the Month.  Lemon Cheesecake sounded pretty good to me.  I like lemon flavor and love cheesecake so how could this one not be good, right? 

Ingredients: Lemon Cake, Lemon Cheesecake Icing, Yellow Sugar Crystals Topping

Well, it's the first one that I haven't really liked too much. The cheesecake part of it all just didn't mesh well with the lemon flavor. It sort of had a sourish taste in the end.  Chris felt about the same.  Neither of us loved this one, but I did like the sugar crystal topping.  That was a welcome change from the other monthly minis so far.

 
Do you think you would like lemon flavor with cheesecake??

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment