Monday, July 2, 2012

15 Day Challenge: Day 2

Since work is taking over my life right now, let me just get right to it before it becomes Day 3 :)

[Day 2]: Write a [few] six word memoir[s]

Try your best, it never fails

Growing up, my mom used to always tell us to just try our best.  After all, that is all she asked.  We would laugh and mock her little saying back then (sorry, Mom!), but as I have grown up, I have discovered the truth and wisdom in it.

Ask, and it shall be given

Recently, I have learned that it is in fact impossible for others to know what you are thinking and magically make it happen, appear, become reality, etc.  Sometimes, and quite honestly more often than not, you simply have to ask.  And even though God does know our thoughts, I believe it is as equally important that we ask him as well.  He revels in that community with us. *However, I have not quite mastered this one yet - can we say, um, work in progress? :)

 Many the miles, worthwhile in end

So, there is this Sara Bareilles song that always comes on my Adele (LOVE her) Pandora station called "Many the Miles" and it always reminds me of Chris and the many miles that separate us right now.  However, we know that we won't always be so far apart and that is how I am sure it will be worthwhile in the end.  Just hoping and praying that end is sooner than later.

This was fun!  Hope you enjoyed reading :)  And link up with Sar...it's not too late!!


Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. "Many the miles, worthwhile in end" is totally moving! I love that, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete