Monday, December 8, 2014

Mini of the Month: December


Hot Cocoa in a cupcake?  Yes, please!  I was super excited to try the December cupcake of the month at Baked by Melissa.

Ingredients: Chocolate Cake, Hot Cocoa Icing and Stuffing, Chocolate Covered Marshmellow, Nonpareil Topping

The cupcake was quite chocolatey, but there wasn't quite enough umph on the marshmellow topping.  I think it would have been best to just have a plain marshmellow up there.  No chocolate covering, no sprinkles.  The cupcake wasn't bad, but it could have been that much better if the topping had been right.


Are you a hot cocoa fan?  Do you add lots of marshmellows to yours?

Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, sorry the marshmallow was a flop for you. At least the rest of the cupcake was yummy! :)

    I love hot cocoa! I probably put too many marshmallows in mine, but I don't care!! :)

    Have you ever tried frozen hot chocolate? I'm intrigued by it, but not brave enough to try it. :) Hope you had a nice weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete