Friday, March 1, 2013

Book #6 - The Time Keeper

Before I get to the book review, I want to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my brother, Jordan!!  You can check out his blog here!


This week I finished The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom.  He is my favorite author and most definitely did not disappoint with this book.


The book follows three individuals - Dor, Sarah Lemon, and Victor Delamonte.  Each has their own unique story, but they are all intertwined as well.

Here is the Good Reads synopsis:

In this fable, the first man on earth {Dor} to count the hours becomes Father Time. The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, with his soul nearly broken, Father Time is granted his freedom, along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time.

He returns to our world--now dominated by the hour-counting he so innocently began--and commences a journey with two unlikely partners: one a teenage girl
{Sarah Lemon} who is about to give up on life, the other a wealthy old businessman {Victor Delamonte} who wants to live forever. To save himself, he must save them both. And stop the world to do so.


I could NOT put this book down.  I loved it!  It was written in a very unique style and had short chapters that switched back and forth between the characters.  I really enjoyed that aspect of the book.  The subject matter proved engaging as well.   It was a book all about time.  How we rush it.  How we beg it to move more slowly.  How we take it for granted.  It showed three very different perspectives on time through the characters in the book.  I don't want to give much away, but I thought it was phenomenal.  Just like all of Mitch Albom's books.  He is THE best!  I would recommend it to anyone.  And it was a super quick read as well!!

Have you read any Mitch Albom books?  What is your favorite?

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever read a Mitch Albom book. I know I've heard so many good things about him, and think I'd really enjoy them. But hasn't happened yet. Any advice for which of his books you'd recommend to start with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever read the 5 people you meet in heaven... which I loved. I'll definitely have to check out The Time Keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete