Thursday, January 24, 2013

30 before 30 - Month Six Recap

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Me!! 

Only 6 more months left in my 20's...holy moly!!

write letter to family or friend


I sent a note to one of my closest friends in NYC, Mary.  We have known one another from nearly Day One in NYC....which means 5+ years of friendship now!  Wow!  Anyway, she just passed her final exam to become an actuary.  I am so excited for her!  I know it hasn't been easy, but she stuck with it and got it done.  Yay for her!


A couple of fun pictures of us.  At Mary's wedding in 2010 and then in Paris in 2011 where she and her husband lived for their first year of their marriage.  What a way to start things off,  right? :)

3 monthly goals 

1) Finish 5 pages in Year Two scrapbook.
I actually somehow got 6 pages finished in the Year Two scrapbook.  Don't ask me how cause I feel like I haven't been home for nearly the whole month!  Looking forward to getting more done once I am back from Super Bowl.

2) Watch over 1/2 of the Best Picture Nominated films.
Yay for knocking this one out of the park!  I only have one left to see.  Chris and I have plans to see it (Zero Dark Thirty) when we get back from Super Bowl.

3) Host a Giveaway.
Done on my one year blogiversary.  Also, I was celebrating 50+ followers...and now there are more than 100 of you reading and following along.  WOW!!  So exciting!

facetimes with Brinley

I was able to facetime with Brinley on her 8 month birthday at the beginning of the month.  She was pretty calm and quiet.  She was eating some cheerios.  It was fun to see her for a little bit even if she wasn't too active :)

My brother texted me this pic saying, "Brinley is sad she missed your FaceTime call."
I was able to use my new Christmas present from Chris (yay for getting an iPad Mini!) to facetime with Brinley while I was in Providence for Championship.  She was doing a lot of moving and bouncing and trying to get me through the phone.  It was fun to see her.  She is getting to be such a big girl.

Date Night 

Chris and I went to dinner at one of our favorite east side restaurants, Benjamin's, when I returned from Championship.  It was great to see each other after a couple straight weeks of just phone calls.  Dinner was delicious, but the company was the best part.  



Girls' Night

Girls Night took place in early January before I headed off to NFL playoff oblivion and Reba and Amanda headed to Disney for the Goofy Challenge.  We went to Apotheke.  Amanda and I thought we never were going to find the spot and shared a hilarious and relieved moment just outside the entrance.  To be fair, it is kind of tucked away in a winding and pretty dark alley.  But, it was a total gem!  We all loved the place and had a great time catching up with one another there.  I would definitely recommend it.

I had the Corazon de Fuego...served warm!  So tasty!

*I am close to marking a couple items off the list, but a good portion of them are in continual progress so at the halfway point I feel good about things!!  Check out my full list here.*

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. Reading this reminds me that I could definitely go for both a girl's night and a date night! Brinley is so cute!! Good luck with the rest of your goals :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on achieving so much! And GOOD LUCK on the rest of it! You can do it! :)

    And along the lines of your followers, I've nominated you for a liebster award! Check it out!
    http://brileigh12.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-very-first-liebster.html


    xoxo,
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete