Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad!!

Last year, my mom, brothers, and I worked diligently behind my dad's back to throw him a surprise party to celebrate turning 60.  It was a grand success!  Everyone had a great time.
Decorations on the gift table.  I had all the guests fill out those cards and used them for a scrapbook.
the SURPRISE face - never seen Dad so shocked to see me in his life :)
yummy cake and a fun birthday hat!
Dad with me and my brothers

This year was different.  None of the kids were able to make it back to Livermore, but I did send some gifts and I tried my hand at a recipe he had recently sent coming up with this lovely and yummy creation tonight.  Check back on Wednesday for step-by-step instructions on how to make this quick (like 60 seconds quick) treat :)

Happy Birthday, Dad!  I love you :)

It's no secret that I am a daddy's girl.  We are like two peas in a pod.  We have birthmarks in similar spots.  We both have some quirks and can ramble on and on when we go off on a long winded tangent.  We have vivid dreams (but we don't talk about those until after breakfast). We just seem to get one another.  I am so glad to have so many special memories of the times we have spent together over the years.  I loved having him paint designs on my fingernails when I was in middle/high school.  It was always fun to go with him to weddings when he played the piano.  We always seemed to have an adventure when we took Mamaw to Owensboro (or really anywhere for that matter).  We shared pineapple cheesecake at Long John Silvers and snowball cakes from the IGA and still devour a whole watermelon together whenever we have the chance!  I'm looking forward to all the fun we will continue to have over this year and the ones to come.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man as a father.  I'm not sure what I would do without him in my life.

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment