Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Stadium Review - Colts

Indianapolis Colts 
*I have attended games at two different stadiums in Indy*
inside of RCA dome via Wikipedia
inside of Lucas Oil via Wikipedia
Name of Stadium: RCA Dome AND Lucas Oil Stadium
Capacity: 57,980 AND 62,421
Game Attended: I went to a Bengals-Colts game with my brother, Jordan, at the RCA Dome.  I worked a PPK event there as well.  The inaugural year of Lucas Oil Stadium, I took both my brothers, Jordan and McKinley, to a game there for part of their Christmas gift. I believe it was at this game when Jordan and I decided to try to visit every NFL stadium.
Worked a game at this stadium? Yes, I worked a PPK event at the RCA Dome and Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil.

I liked the RCA Dome.  For some reason, it just felt like football in there.  We sat at the very top of the stadium, and we had a great view.  I liked the coziness of it.  I liked that it didn't seem to scream big business.  It was low key.


Nice and Cozy....only two levels :)
Me and Jordan in December 2006. Don't worry!  I accessorized in orange and black for my Bengals :)
Lucas Oil Stadium, on the other hand, is not one of my favorites.  It has a very corporate feel inside the stadium.  Don't dare go for the way up top seats because you will need binoculars - you literally have a bird's eye view.  I don't particularly like the glass window endzone...especially when the sun is glaring in on you through it!  And I'm not a big fan of the "I'm a dome...oh no, wait, I'm open air" stadiums.  You have to pick one in my opinion.  You can't be both.  It's just not natural.  You either are or aren't.  What I do like about the stadium at Indianapolis is that you can get there through a maze of indoor walkways.  You can get to a lot of places in Indy via this system.  I think that is pretty smart. Also, the stadium has a lot of neat little creative touches like horseshoes on the end of each row of seats, seat numbers inside a football shape background, and when the stadium is empty, a white horseshoe in the blue endzone section.  Here are some pics.


Not a big fan of the square shape either.
Endzone where we sat...way up at the top!
Window that I mentioned...and miniature people on the field :(

With my awesome brothers circa December 2008
Even though I don't count Super Bowls, I thought I would throw these in since I had already marked it off my list by this point - February 2012.
Not looking too much different, but I did enjoy the night game atmosphere better.
Now this is a good way to make use of the windows!!
 Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment