Friday, April 19, 2013

Book #7 - Semi-Sweet


I recently participated in a book swap that was SO much fun!  I'll be posting about what I received in the swap soon, but today I am reviewing one of the books I sent my partner.  When I picked it out for her, I just couldn't resist reading it before I sent it along. 


In the store, it immediately jumped out at me because of the cupcakes.  You all know I love those tasty treats!  After reading the back cover, I was totally hooked.  It was a pretty quick read and definitely drew me in.  There were a few different story lines and while I enjoyed some more than others, they were all interesting.  I would say that a bit of the book was predictable, but it was still a great read.  I definitely enjoyed it!  And totally loved the main character, Hannah!  I would definitely recommend reading it if you have a chance.  I'll leave you with the synopsis from Goodreads.

Hannah Robinson is just about to open the doors to her new shop Cupcakes on the Corner when out of the blue her boyfriend Patrick announces that he's leaving her for another woman. Faced with starting a business on her own, Hannah begins to wonder if her life-long dream has just turned into a nightmare. So her best friend Adam sets his birthday as a deadline - seven months to make her shop a success, or walk away from it all. And as Hannah immerses herself in her new business, she soon discovers that she's too busy to think about Patrick and his now pregnant girlfriend ...or to notice an increasingly regular customer who has recently developed a sweet tooth for all things cupcake. But while Hannah is slowly piecing her life back together, family friend Alice's is falling apart. Her husband Tom's drinking is getting out of control and things are about to get a whole lot worse. As the seven-month milestone approaches, Hannah must decide her future. And while she's figuring out what's really important, it becomes clear to everyone that happiness in life, and in love, is all in the making.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great book! I love a little cozy romance or cozy mystery novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am almost done with this! :) Thanks again

    ReplyDelete