Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dance with My Daddy

This month, I donated to a wonderful charity - Dance with My Daddy


 Dance with My Daddy was designed to allow families to focus on the relationship a father has with their special needs child.  This annual event provides fathers and their child the opportunity to spend quality time together over a hot meal, dancing, and games.  The organization also provide access to other community resources.

This charity is special to me for a couple of reasons. 

First, the founder is one of my Georgetown College buddies!  I could not be more proud of him and what he has established with this organization.  He was always one of my favorites because not only was he a great guy, he was also smart and well rounded.  I knew he would end up doing some great things...and he has proved me right!  Congrats to him on such a wonderful idea and organization!

Second, I have family members with special needs and have seen firsthand how incredibly difficult every day ordinary things can become so I know how very important something like a dance and just general fun night is to these families.  

This particular donation is also timely due to Father's Day earlier this month as well as the book I am currently reading - A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Gardner - about an autistic boy and his very helpful dog.  Looking forward to reviewing the book for you in a couple weeks!

What are you doing to support wonderful causes in your neighborhood?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment