Friday, June 7, 2013

Triple Crown: Leg 3 - Belmont Stakes


The final leg of the Triple Crown happens right here in New York!  How fitting...it starts in Kentucky and ends up in New York!

The Belmont Stakes is such a fun event and my favorite of the three legs to attend in person.  Well, at least until I have an opportunity to attend the Derby grandstand style :)

Preparing the horses for the main event!

The Belmont is great for SO many reasons.  However, if there is ever a Triple Crown hopeful in the race, you might want to pick a different year to get the most out of your day at Belmont Park.  

Side Note: My first experience with the Belmont Stakes was more of an accident than anything.  My family had come to New York for a vacation. We saw a sign at the LIRR station advertising the Belmont Stakes so we went.  It just so happened to be the year that Smarty Jones was racing for the Triple Crown...not good!!  We were crammed in there with about a million other people in a standing room only section of the concourse of the grandstand.  Couldn't see a thing...people were smoking cigars like it was their job...mom got sick.  Like I said...not good!! 

Fortunately, all of the other times I have been to the track, we've made ourselves comfortable right down on the rails.  In the middle of the action.  It is awesome!


You have a clear view of the track. You feel the breeze of the horses as they race past.  You are SO close to the action.  I love it!!  Chris grew up just a mile away from the track in Elmont, but he's never been to the Belmont Stakes.  We are changing that this year though!  I'm super excited to be able to spend some time at the track with him tomorrow!! 


Reba, Me, Amanda, and Mary from the year I completed my own Triple Crown!

My pick to win the race tomorrow is this year's Kentucky Derby winner, Orb.  Although, I really like Edgar Prado who will be riding Great Finish.  He doesn't have great odds, but he's a great jockey.

Who are you picking?

Be sure to check out the rest of my Triple Crown fun here - Derby and Preakness!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment