Thursday, February 11, 2016

Best Picture Review - Mad Max: Fury Road


Mad Max: Fury Road is an apocalyptic story set in a desert landscape where humanity is broken. Everyone is fighting for the necessities of life.  Water is a hot commodity. Within this world, two rebels on the run - Max (Tom Hardy), a former policeman seeking peace of mind following the loss of his wife and child in the aftermath of the chaos AND Furiosa (Charlize Theron), a woman who believes her path to survival may be achieved if she can make it across the desert back to her childhood homeland - attempt to restore order.

This movie is all action!  Not exactly my type of movie, but it honestly wasn't as terrible as I anticipated.  I really liked Charlize Theron.  I think she performed in this role just as well as many others nominated in the actress category.  Perhaps even better than a few.  The high speed car chases, violent battles, and other makeup and costume feats were certainly well executed and no doubt made for an exciting story, but it's just not my cup of tea.  I need something based a bit more in the reality of the here and now.  If you enjoy action, I hope you make time for this one!

My Rating: 2.5 stars

Other Nominations: 
Cinematography, Costume Design, Directing (George Miller), Film Editing, Makeup & Hairstyling, Production Design, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects

Have you seen Mad Max: Fury Road yet?

Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Tom Hardy! :) I enjoyed it, but I can see how it would not be everyone's cup of tea, lol. But I really liked the ending.

    Hope you're having an excellent week, friend!

    ReplyDelete