Sunday, February 24, 2013

30 before 30 - Month Seven Recap

write letter to family or friend

This month, I sent a letter to one of my former college roomies, Maggie.  She lives down in Florida now so we haven't seen one another in quite some time, but we talk fairly often.  We are actually sorority sisters.  Yay for Phi Mu!  She is one of my closest pals from college, and I am so blessed to have her as a friend.


3 monthly goals

1) Finish 10 pages in Year Two scrapbook.
Done plus a few extras.  I am just over halfway done now.  Thank you, Winter Storm Nemo!

2) Go to a Broadway/Off-Broadway Show.
Chris and I had planned to see Luck of the Irish at Lincoln Center, but sadly we waited far too late to get tickets and it sold out.  Guess this little thing called the Super Bowl distracted us!  Maybe I'll get to a show next month!

3) Make sure Christopher has a great birthday!
I'll post a recap of the fun on his actual birthday (Tuesday).  We are celebrating today!  I think I can safely say this one was a success though!

facetimes with Brinley

While I was away working Super Bowl (check out my recaps here if you missed them - Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3), I had a fun facetime with Brinley where she revealed to me the gender of her sibling. 


She was so cute.  She had a block that Jordan was trying to get her to show me, but she was having too much fun playing with it trying to eat it for me to see it.  I finally saw a side of it that said "bear" so I guessed it was a boy.  I am super excited to get to spoil a niece AND a nephew now!!

The day after Valentine's Day, we facetimed, and I got to see Brinley crawl around for the first time.  It was super cool.  She is SUCH a big girl now!!  Jordan would put the phone at one end of the room and she would crawl over to get me. He said she likes to play with the boxes on the phone so she'd do that for a second before he'd take the phone and move it to the other side of the room.  Then, she'd crawl over there to get me again.  We had fun doing that for awhile.  She is definitely moving all over the place now.  Very cool to see it all for myself.  Technology is a blessing!

Date Night

Outside of Super Bowl, Chris and I didn't get to see each other much this month (stupid Nemo!) But we did spend President's Day Weekend together.  We celebrated Valentine's Day then.  Such is the life of long distance lovers!  He planned everything, and I loved every second! You can read more about it here.

Girls' Night

Girls' night fell late in the month this time. We tried out a South African wine bar - Kaia.  Amanda and I tried a dessert wine (Stoney Brook Vineyards, V on A, Franschhoek, South Africa - 2010) that was very tasty while Reba picked a white wine that she liked.  It was good to have a chance to catch up with these two since I've been out of town for most of this past month.


I marked 1 item off the list!!
  23 - watch all the Best Picture nominees prior to the Oscars
 You can check out my reviews here - Part 1 and Part 2.  My picks for the winners are here.

I am working on several other items on the list, but nothing else is quite ready to be checked off yet!

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. I'll be 30 next month, I really should've made a list like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make a list like this. I'd love to go to a Broadway/off-BRoadway show soon too!

    Happy Monday!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete