Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas in Kentucky

Spending Christmas in Kentucky is one of the highlights of my year!  And this year was one of the best ever!  It was SO much fun to experience the holiday with my little niece and nephew. 


I began the Christmas week adventures in western Kentucky where I grew up.  Dad had ordered some cupcakes from Sophia's Bake Shop for me to try.  Sophia's is owned and operated by one of my high school classmates so it was nice to briefly visit with her before we devoured her super tasty treats!


I was also able to spend some time with family in Owensboro at my favorite BBQ spot - Old Hickory!  Nothing else even comes close in my BBQ book :)


All my other spare moments in western KY were spent either at church or watching Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of Downton Abbey.  I am officially ready for Season 4 to begin next week!!


Our first stop in Lexington was Southern Lights.  It was fun to watch Brinley oooh and ahhh at the lights this year.  We also got to take a train ride, visit Santa, and see some animals in the petting zoo.




 

Next, we did some cookie making and decorating!  Everyone had fun with this task.




We went to see a couple movies during the week as well.  Frozen was a cute animated film that we all enjoyed together.  And then the adults (minus Jordan and Jen) ventured out on Christmas Day to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.  It was not exactly what I was expecting, but I did like it overall.

Brinley loves popcorn!!

And then it was Christmas morning!!


 

We had fun exchanging gifts and watching the kids unwrap their presents!



 



And then we sent mom and dad on a little scavenger hunt for their final BIG present from us!





We also took lots of pictures with the Christmas tree at Jordan's house and in downtown Lexington.  It's not easy to get everyone posing at the same time, but we gave it our best shot!




I had a wonderful Christmas this year.  I hope yours was wonderful as well!

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great Christmas :) I hope 2014 is good to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is beautiful! Happy New Year, I am so glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete