Monday, December 2, 2013

It's a Small World


When Chris and I set out to meet my friend, Cody, for a University of Kentucky game at the Barclay's Center last night, I never dreamed I would see so many people I knew from so many different points in my life.  But I did. 


Not only did I see a handful of people that I knew, but thanks to Cody's awesome aunt, we had some killer seats!!  We were four rows from the court just behind the scorer's table.  Not sure I'll ever have seats that great again!  It was amazing!

 
We also managed to get highlighted on the big screen for our 15 seconds of fame on the kiss cam.  It was great!  We got a big "awwww..." from the crowd.  And then the facebook messages began to roll in.  I heard from a high school friend, college friend, and current co-worker...each one noting they just saw me on the kiss cam.  I would later see all of them in person. 


I met up with the high school friend during the half.  It was nice to catch up with her since we hadn't seen one another in about 7 years.  I randomly saw the friend from undergrad during the half as well.  We briefly caught up before we headed back in for the second half.  I was just making my way into my section when a second co-worker stopped me to say hello.
 

At the end of the game, I spotted a friend from my grad school days.  We chatted briefly before leaving the arena.  The Wildcats ran away with the game toward the end of the second half, but the game was pretty close for most of the time.  It was a little surprising that Providence put up such a strong fight.


We were able to get a quick group shot before we left the arena.  Big thanks again to my ole GC pal, Cody, for inviting us along for such a fun time at the Barclay's Center.


Oh, and one of my best friends from high school managed to text me with about a minute left in the game saying that he just spotted us at the game.  He later texted me the above photo.  Chris was reading something on his phone as UK had a decent lead at this point.  I look a little concerned and far too serious.  Great screenshot from the TV though.  Thanks, Nick!!  (My parents said they were able to see us about 3 or 4 times, but of course they knew to look.) 

The lesson of the night: No matter how it happens, when you see five people that you know at a sporting event in New York City it confirms that it is in fact a very small world.

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment