Thursday, December 19, 2013

Opera: Hansel and Gretel

I've always wanted to go to the opera.  And what better place to go for the first time than the Metropolitan Opera house in New York City.  Truly an ideal way to mark off an item on my bucket list!


My friend, Tarra, and I went to see Hansel and Gretel on a winter night a few years ago.  It was a fun experience that we both very much enjoyed.  We were sitting in the balcony, but had a great view.  It was neat to see all the costumes and scene changes.


I'm not sure what I expected going into it, but I wasn't prepared for the broadway like quality of the performance.  It was incredible to witness such wonderful talent.  One of my favorite scenes is captured above.  Those chefs are hilarious...and the fish head maitre' d was priceless!!
 

If you've never been to an opera, I highly suggest it!  We had a wonderful experience at the Met.

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment