Friday, December 20, 2013

Cookie Swap!

My friend Amanda's annual cookie swap was a ton of fun this year!  It was great to see everyone and taste such amazing cookies that all the lovely ladies worked hard to prepare.


I made Soft Butterscotch Pumpkin Spice cookies.  I saw the recipe over at Design Eat Repeat when she was posting her 30 days of cookies series.  I printed out a handful of the recipes and asked Chris to pick the one that sounded the best to him.


The cookies turned out great, but they were a little more difficult to make that I anticipated based on the recipe.  First, the dough was a bit more sticky than I anticipated it would be so I had to add some additional flour in order to even get them on the cookie tray.  Fortunately, it didn't seem to change the taste too much so I still considered the cookies a win.


The icing, however, was a HUGE issue.  Initially, I began heating up a small batch of butterscotch chips to practice the drizzle that was supposed to top the cookies.  That nearly ended in me burning down my apartment building.  Apparently, I was not using a microwave safe bowl.  Oops!  After starting the melting process (which is NOT as easy as it sounds) again, I gave the drizzle a shot and when I didn't have any success, I just decided to fully ice them.  Chris said they tasted great to him...and that is really all that mattered!


There were several great cookies at the swap this year, but I think mine held its own in the end.  Not sure I'll try making these particular cookies again though I did enjoy giving something new a chance.  Even through the baking and icing woes, I think they turned out pretty good.

What is your favorite cookie to make this time of year?

Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, Yummy! I'm addicted to sugar cookies. But I also love those cookies with the kisses in the middle. I made some a few years back and they were divine!

    ReplyDelete