Sunday, December 20, 2015

2015 Goals - Final Review


1 - Read through the Bible! 

Well...I didn't complete this one, but it will be going on my list again next year.  And I have a new game plan - audible.  I still want to physically pass my eyes over the words as well though.  After some discussion with friends, I think it might really help me stay on track to both hear and read it simultaneously.  I've already downloaded it so I'm ready to FINALLY conquer this one in 2016!

2 - Focus on my health and nutrition.  

Overall, I did pretty well on this one.  Though we've spent far more time in December at restaurants and holiday parties, on a regular basis we rarely eat out these days.  We will continue to try to focus on portion control and healthy options going into the new year.  I haven't done much running since the marathon and my short run at the end of November, but I did begin tracking steps with my Fit Bit on December 1 - definitely an eye-opener!

 3 - Enjoy life as newlyweds.

I'll give us a high-five for this one!  We had a great year - lots of fun and exciting adventures.  It is still hard to believe we passed the one-year mark already!  Time really flew this year! If you are interested in checking out our newlywed adventures, look no further - Month One, Month Two, Month Three, Month Four, Month Five, Month Six, Month Seven, Month Eight, Month Nine, Month Ten, Month Eleven, and Month Twelve.

4 - Do more things for me.

I still have a way to go on making this a constant priority, but I have gotten much better.  I still have a number of things I want to do, but I'm slowly marking them off my list.  One of the things I am most excited about in the new year is the ABC Reads Challenge that Mia and I will be hosting for all the book lovers out there!!  And, of course, the ever-elusive improv classes are still on my list.  As are the mounting pile of scrapbooks that simply MUST be completed soon!!

5 - Redesign this blog. 

I sort of lost my interest in this one toward the end of the year, but I did manage to update my blogger profile photo!  I guess that's progress on some level.  I need to do a bit more searching and determining if I was to refocus the content before I firmly decide on making a switch with name or design.  I'll just leave it at that for now.

6 - Find my passion.    

My hope is that all the soul-searching and struggling that I did throughout this past year will find meaning as I further explore the paths toward my new passions in the coming year!  It certainly hasn't been an easy road, but I'm hopeful I'll look back on it down the line and realize its value.

 Did you manage to complete all your 2015 goals?

Andrea :)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see where 2016 takes you! :) Sounds like 2015 was a pretty successful year. Glad we'll be taking on the ABC Reads challenge together! And I hope to get back to NYC again sometime during 2016 and see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with your goals! I have found that setting realistic goals and not stressing over them is what works for me. I used to be that girl with HUGE goals and then when they didn't happen would beat myself up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a pretty great 2015! I just started reading through the Bible with a Facebook group (but local people) back in October. So far, we've made it to Deuteronomy. It hasn't been easy,that's for sure! I actually need to catch up from this weekend...whoopsie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job with your goals. Our church just put out a booklet about reading through the bible in about 15 minutes a day. It does not go in chronological order, which I think would help me in staying engaged in reading everyday. Let me know if you want a copy, its just a little booklet I can easily mail to you!

    ReplyDelete