Monday, December 21, 2015

The Color Purple


Wow!  What an incredible display of talent - absolutely stunning voices! Cynthia Erivo as Celie was breathtaking!  An amazing voice that easily overshadows all others - and that's saying something when Jennifer Hudson is making her broadway debut as Shug Avery!  And Danielle Brooks is putting on a show of her own as Sofia.


An uplifting story about the power of love, faith, and confidence for women finding themselves in even the most trying of circumstances. The story isn't a new one if you've read the book or seen the movie starring Oprah, but I would certainly recommend checking it out if you are in the New York area. A truly wonderful revival of this great story with a soundtrack for the ages!


Have you ever read The Color Purple or seen the movie?

Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad to say I haven't read the book nor have I seen the movie. Clearly I'm missing out! Maybe that can be my "C" book for the challenge. :) Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the movie color purple! I would love to see it on Broadway or even off Broadway :)

    ReplyDelete