Sunday, May 10, 2015

Dear Mom...


Growing up, you always told us to do the best that we could.  It's funny how it took so many years for the real meaning behind those words to take hold.  I always just shrugged it off or said "ok" with an eye roll depending on my stage in life at the time.  Today, I get it...


You just wanted us to give it our all.  To put forth effort.  If we weren't first in line, if we didn't win, if things just didn't go our way...that was fine.  All we were held responsible for was doing our best.  That's it. 


Thanks for setting a great example for me and my brothers!  Thanks for pushing us to be the best that we could with our own unique skills and abilities.  Thanks for supporting us and helping us grow into the adults we are today.  I am so thankful that we have been able to share in so many wonderful adventures and learning experiences over the years.  Thank you for all the sacrifices you made to be there for us in the good times and the bad.  You have taught me how to adapt, persevere, and be independent.  My love for reading and history were nurtured by you...and I am so grateful today!  Every day along this nearly thirty-two year journey certainly hasn't been a cake walk, but I hope you know that I am thankful for it all.  I love you very much!


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!!

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment