Monday, May 4, 2015

#MarriedMaitlands: Practicing at the Church


After all those months of planning, it was finally time for our rehearsal.  I was so happy to have all our closest friends and family in town and ready to go.  Well, minus one best man.  But, as it turns out, we had a pretty stellar stand in for the rehearsal!

Loved my bouquet with ribbons and bows from all my showers!

The pastor we chose for the ceremony spoke to the group briefly before the wedding planner took over to line everyone up.  Initially, I watched while my sister-in-law took my spot.  Once I was satisfied with the spacing, we moved on to actually practicing walking in.

  
 
We had a few unique aspects to the wedding that truly made an actual rehearsal necessary.  My dad has played the piano since he was a youngster.  And I can't even begin to tell you how many times I went to weddings he played for as a kid.  It was very important to me that Dad play the music for our wedding...particularly the bridal march.  As a result, Dad recorded a disc full of the songs we wanted played pre-ceremony as well as the bridal chorus.  Chris' sister also recorded a few songs we had asked her to sing as well.  I wasn't too concerned about the pre-ceremony music as that would play through completely one after another, but the bridal chorus would be tricky since it depended on the speed in which the attendants walked the aisle.

 

We worked on the timing for a bit and felt pretty good about it.  The kids were a wild card, but they were so darn cute it didn't even matter.  There were a couple of other technical aspects we rehearsed, but I'll share more about them later.

Best Flower Girl Ever :)

At the end, the gals and guys regrouped to coordinate on times to be in the respective bridal and groom's suites in the morning...and the wedding planner got everyone's Chick-fil-A order for lunch.



Then, we were off to the Silver Dollar for lots of fun and a very tasty dinner...

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment