Friday, May 22, 2015

#MarriedMaitlands: Bridesmaids


My bridesmaids spanned the full course of my life from high school to the present day.  They were a lovely group of ladies that got along fabulously despite not knowing one another very well.


Michelle and I go way back...we've been F*R*I*E*N*D*S since elementary school! While we went separate ways after high school, we were reunited a few years ago when the Heil's relocated to Pittsburgh (Chris' alma mater). Through the years, we've never missed a beat when catching up no matter how long between conversations. We are two of a kind with our easy going, laid back attitudes. I was so blessed to have Michelle take part in our special day. 


The garden wing at Georgetown College's Knight Hall saw the blossom of a beautiful friendship between me and Ashley "Gail". Though she teased me about harvest time and we joined different sororities, we persevered and have been great friends for quite some time now. GC Tigers forever!! I was so glad to have Ashley as a part of the bridal party.


East Campus at Georgetown was a "home" Vanya and I shared for a portion of our collegiate careers. We became fast friends and had lots of fun living in that apartment. The history lessons she provided on two cities in Bulgaria - Plovdiv and Sofia - came in handy when Chris and I traveled there for her wedding in 2013. Vanya was also my biggest helping hand when I moved to New York nearly eight years ago. We both have crazy schedules these days, but when we get together it seems as though not a single moment has passed. I was so happy to have Vanya in my bridal party.


One fateful Crossroads retreat slotted Reba and I as roomies for the weekend and we never looked back. We were pals since the beginning of Reba's time in the Big Apple. We were together when she met her fiance' for the first time and a friend of hers proved to be my connection to Chris. She's been there through the good, bad, and ugly that NYC brought me and motivated me to give running a shot roughly six years ago. We've had so much fun in this crazy city, and I am so very grateful for our friendship! I couldn't imagine not having Reba by my side for this big day!


Crossroads was also how Tarra and I got our friendship off on the right foot. I can always count on her to be up for an adventure. It was a blast when she joined me for Pro Bowl early in my NFL career and I'll never forget our fun night on Broadway watching Denzel Washington and Viola Davis in Fences. No matter where we are or what we are doing, we are having a good time together. I couldn't imagine my bridal party being complete without my favorite.


Through Crossroads, Amanda and I also bonded and formed a great friendship. Her cookie swap is one of the highlights of my year. Amanda is one of the most positive people I know. From sharing yummy brunches to experiencing interesting entertainment in this lovely city, it's always all smiles when we're together! I was so excited to have Amanda as one of my bridesmaids.


Each of these ladies holds a special place in my heart.  I was so grateful for the way they all worked so hard to make sure everything went according to my vision for all my wedding-related events...especially since they were scattered throughout multiple states!

Andrea :)

1 comment:

  1. Those bridesmaids dresses are so beautiful. That color - ahh, perfect. :) And it's so wonderful that you had such lovely, supportive ladies in your corner for your wedding - but also in your life in general. :) xo

    ReplyDelete